The substantial architecture decisions made in the Backstage project live here. For more information about ADRs, when to write them, and why, please see this blog post.
Records are never deleted but can be marked as superseded by new decisions or deprecated.
Records should be stored under the
Creating an ADR
docs/architecture-decisions/0000-my-decision.md(my-decision should be descriptive. Do not assign an ADR number.)
- Fill in the ADR following the guidelines in the template
- Submit a pull request
- Address and integrate feedback from the community
- Eventually, assign a number
- Add the path of the ADR to the microsite sidebar in
- Add the path of the ADR to the
- Merge the pull request
Superseding an ADR
If an ADR supersedes an older ADR then the older ADR's status is changed to superseded by ADR-XXXX and links to the new ADR.